Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hope tomorrow isn't "Conga"

I've been feeling the need to post something but with the holidays, there's limited time, so here's just a short one. Do you ever wake up in the morning with a song in your head? No reason; not like you just heard that song or anything; it's just there. It's like when your mind was processing all the shit in the recesses of your mind through the night the song just came out of some black hole back there, swished around, and got stuck in the front of your brain. Well, I had one of those experiences today. Woke up with "Turn the Beat Around" playing repetitiously in my mind. And not even the old Vicki Sue Robinson version (which is just a bit more tolerable). No no. It was the more horrific Gloria Estefan rendition. Could not get it out for HOURS. I tried watching tv. I tried listening to something that doesn't suck (some say Gloria sucks matza salty balls). Nothing helped. Then for no reason it was gone as quickly as it started. I guess I just found a more stressful distraction. Now that I've written about it of course it is back. Guess it's time for bed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Garrett said...

luckily all I know is the "turn the beat around" and then a bunch of indeterminate stuff. but I can hear "turn the beat around" floating across my synapses quite clearly...

12/20/2007 12:42 AM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

Well..here you go...this should refresh your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyMzTOi2sOQ
The "turn it up turn it up turn it upside down" part is the worst and it really sticks.

12/20/2007 1:22 AM  
Blogger virgo beemaiden said...

OMG! I wish I hadn't read your post (although I'm happily delighted that you joined in) because of an intense fear of having the "turnitup turnitup, turnitupsideDOWN!" part being stuck in my brain all day!!! I feel your pain, girl!

I'm on a big Bowie kick cuz I bought a compilation CD and my appreciation grows with every listen. Fortunately, I have been having "Space Oddity" stuck in my head for days but I'm Lovin'It (nothing to do with McDonald's)!

12/20/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

that's a big improvement from gloria!

12/20/2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger Garrett said...

speaking of compilations, I know what I want for christmas hint hint an MP3 cd with all of these Beatles tracks hint hint. I haven't listened to abbey road in years, the ONLY song I have by them is yellow submarine and it just isn't cutting it hint hint cough cough...

12/22/2007 3:32 AM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

We'll see what Santa can come up with :)

12/22/2007 7:23 AM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

Or baby jesus even

12/23/2007 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home