Monday, October 29, 2007

interested in new music?

It's disgusting! I heard several reviews of Britney Spear's new album this morning on the radio while on my way to work and they are saying that it's actually VERY GOOD! Now, you all may know that although I am in NO WAY a fan of Miss White Trash-no panties- absent parent- crack whore-Spears I still manage to know a lot about her weekly activities because I follow celebrity trivia (no I have no idea why) on E and on celebrity gossip blogs and for some reason this bitch still makes news.

I think that if she can make even a half-decent pop/rock/dance album it just speaks to the fact that girlfriend can afford the best music producers that the biz can buy and further proves that she's still a talentless hack! And now that her looks are gone what does she have to offer the american public except a cautionary tale for show biz parents?

Does this mean that we will be subjected to more of her pointless breathy crap music ("Gimme more"? I think not!) ? Argh!!!!! Now all I need is for Paris to release another album and I'll be ready to give up the radio altogether! I think perhaps there should be some kind of an entrance exam for recording artists- neither of them could pass it. : )

4 Comments:

Blogger Garrett said...

I bought the new radiohead album online. They are selling it directly, themselves, with no middlemen. They are allowing the public to set their price. I paid $5. I figure that is a shitload than they prob make per album, as the RIAA and all those other worthless pricks soak up all that money that they need to continually finance a streat, nay, a torrent of diarrheal talent into the ears of the public, a shitty flood of garbage, hoping something sticks...not to mention they need those piles of cash to prop up their entire pointless existence as middlemen in an age that is pruning middlemen out of existence. They are like a leech on our society, serving no good purpose, and in fact stifling progress and innovation by only signing what they deem is commercial. Perfect, the RIAA as a soulless pimp...

I also bought another album which was sold direct without the RIAA just to make a point, I had no idea what the music was like...that was beside the point. So, I paid $5 for Saul Williams new album. I don't care for it, but I love it because I am teabagging the RIAA. Fuck you, RIAA. Fuck you.

That said, I used to enjoy listening to that Britney album with 'oops i did it again' on it, it was vapid but at least pleasant to listen to. if I ignored the lyrics, it was a light and fluffy change from my usual serious fare.

I guess I shouldn't bust virgo's chops for listening to light and fluffy fare...

11/02/2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

I have to admit I liked Oops I Did it Again as well. She basically sucks though, as a singer and as a human being.

I love that Radiohead is doing that. Maybe it will become a trend.

11/02/2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

boy I wish I could go back and edit that comment, I must have been 3/4 brain dead.

i forgot to mention you could download the radiohead album and not pay a dime if you like. yes, they'll give it to you for free. you can pay (or not pay) anything you like.

11/02/2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

I don't think your comment sounded bad at all.

11/02/2007 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home