Monday, February 05, 2007

New Year's Resolutions? (ménage à trois)

....Oh wait. That's a different story, for a different time.

Ditto to Beemaiden and Adeline: The only resolution I made this year was also to be "bathing suit ready" by summer and more mentally healthy. But mine was stated more like "Not-to-look-like-a-giant-cow-in-the-bridesmaid-dress-for-Tim-and-Melissa's-wedding" and "not-to-have-a-nervous-breakdown-on-June-30th-when-I-realized-I-can't-possibly-lose-30-lbs-in-6-days-without-amputating-limbs".

For the first three weeks I think I was doing pretty well, making some progress. But then my life exploded all over me, and now I am just holding my own. No more progress. I am going to try to get back on the wagon as soon as possible, but it will really help when the kiddoes don't have swim team every night and we can eat at a normal hour (instead of 7:30 p.m.).

I am still looking for the magic pill that makes me not want to eat that much anymore and gives me tons and tons of energy. Oh wait!! I had that pill once...and it worked...but people gave me a ton of crap about it. Hmmmm.....where oh where has that little pill gone, oh where oh where could it be. I think I am going to have to find that little pill again.....cuz I really don't want to be the armless girl in the strapless dress this summer.

7 Comments:

Blogger sweet adeline said...

Rather than amputating your arms, I think there are other parts of your anatomy that would lower the number on the scale a bit more if you amputated them.

2/07/2007 9:28 PM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

It also gives you a heart attack. Don't encourage her!

2/08/2007 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...we eat at 7:30, sometimes 8. We eat a late lunch though, sometimes not until 2.

How come I'm not aware of how mentally unhealthy everyone seems to be? What's up with that? May I dare to suggest some light reading about Buddhism...you may be surprised & enlightened by what you read.

2/08/2007 11:43 AM  
Blogger Shelley-belly said...

Gwennie - Bite me. Arms make a better point.

Brother - we will have to talk Saturday night....me likum magic pills.

Kelley - I guess I am not ACTIVELY mentally unhealthy...but with my life, I have to continue to maintain the healthiness of it. Sorry, no buddhism for me. I hate organized religions of all kinds and I would rather not be enlightened. If enlightenment came that easy...the world wouldn't look the way it does today.

2/08/2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

I am actively mentally unhealthy. I think I just need some stress reduction exercises.

Shelley...in case you haven't noticed...some of us are using pseudonyms here.

2/08/2007 11:08 PM  
Blogger Shelley-belly said...

Oops!!

2/09/2007 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I agree! I hate organized religion to the max!!!! And I wouldn't actually call myself a "Buddhist" or conform to all aspects of the beliefs. I personally do not view Buddhism as a "religion" as it mainly deals with teaching people how to be happy. Of course, there are those who take it to an extreme...chant, make an idol out of the "Buddha", live with few possessions, practice celibacy, etc. But from what I have read, those strict ideals are not exactly what Buddha had in mind.

For me, Buddhism has opened my eyes and continues to open my eyes to what has been here all along, it has made me more aware of my actions, my thoughts and my overall experiences. It has made me aware that no matter what or who has wronged me, I am the one who determines how and to what extent I will allow it to effect me.

Anyway, I hear you and I understand your point but I never meant to say that enlightenment was "easy"...I do however, feel it is necessary...especially for one to live a happy and emotionally stable life. If more people chose to actually take responsibility for their feelings and thus their actions the world would not be the way it is today.

2/13/2007 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home