Friday, February 02, 2007

New Year's Resolutions?

Has anyone else made any new year's resolutions?

Anyone still sticking to them?

I'm trying. Mine is to try to be Heathier- mentally and physically- my body really is showing my age and it's not going to get any better without intervention. Yikes!

My second one is to save up some money. It will be pretty hard with all that is on the agenda this year- he mexico trip that I get to pay for but not participate in, the beach (hopefully), some minor remodeling work on my house, and Disney. In fact, those are kinda the reasons I need to watch the ole bottom line. So far this one seems to be going better than the first.

I started out well over Christmas vacation with the exercising, cooking healthy and eating well but I'm slowly falling off the wagon.

I'm still eating more fruit, no calorie drinks (from what I understand that alone can make a big difference) but I have been exercising less (busy schedule) an various snacks such as chips and dips have been my downfall. On the continuum, though, I am still ahead. I think that I need another couple days of "detox diet".

Music and dancing around the house like a crazy lunatic have been my method of mental health maintanance. (Is it working????? I'm not an impartial judge.)

Does anybody else need inspiration or have any ideas???? I'd like to be "bathing suit" ready for the first time in a long time this summer.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good! Don't forget to eat lots of fiber! ;) FiberChoice tablets are great!

2/08/2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger Shelley-belly said...

...and Fiber-Sure mix in stuff is good too.

2/08/2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger virgo beemaiden said...

Actually, for the Fiber department I have been sprinkling a little ground flaxseed on my weight control oatmeal every morning (along with extra cinnamon to speed up my metabolism per the Perricone diet book and some frozen berries as antioxidents.)

2/09/2007 11:43 AM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

Sounds like a scientific experiment

2/10/2007 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home