Monday, December 25, 2006

I couldn't have said it better myself

It's a free country (in theory). We should be able to celebrate the holidays the way we want to without being criticized. I'm not sure if Jesus was a prophet, a savior, or just a good guy...but I'm confident that he wasn't a judger. I know Christmas has become very commercial, but I love the lights, the music, the presents, the decorations, the holiday cheer, the gingerbread lattes, Santa, spending time with loved ones...not to mention the booze and cookies. I say live and let live. Make room for Jesus and Santa on Christmas. If you want to.

2 Comments:

Blogger peddlinshutterbug said...

I agree, it is not an 'either ~ or' situation, but I also disagree with the original article that Jesus demands perfection. He would not have needed to become one of us if He demanded us to be 'perfect.' That really sort of epitomizes the ignorance of who Jesus is, and the misconceptions of those on all sides of the 'Santa or Jesus' debate. None of us have it completely right, or we would be 'perfect.' We are all human, which is why Jesus came, died and rose again. simple....yeah.. lemmings are like sheep...

12/25/2006 1:09 AM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

I disagree about Jesus demanding perfection also. But the author was referring to his childhood. I think it would be easy for a child to think that Jesus does demand perfection. Church can make you think that when you are small.

12/25/2006 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home