Monday, February 05, 2007

New Year's Resolutions? (Part Deux )

I too would like to be more mentally healthy and "bathing suit ready" by summer. I feel that my mental health interferes with the other goal because I eat comfort food and drink and don't feel like exercising. I'm getting a little better with the exercising part as virgo beemaiden knows since we are exercise partners. Having a friend to work out with really seems to help. It makes the time pass quickly as we are talking the whole time we're at the gym.

Another resolution I have is to try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I've been working on this one for a few years and I think I'm doing better with it.

My other resolution is to try to be less of a judger..."judge not lest ye be judged" (the Bible does say a couple of good things). This is a tough one, seeing as how the world is full of jackasses. For some reason, Shelley doesn't like this goal :) Good thing she's just a retarded puppet monkey and not the leader. I've been working on this one for a few years as well but feel I've been slipping a bit so I'm trying to concentrate on it again. I have found in the past that I seem to be a happier person if I give people the benefit of the doubt and try not to judge people. Gets rid of some of the bitterness. Of course, not judging people means trying not to judge people who judge people and that can be hard.

As usual, I'm working on seeing the lighter side of things and I think that is what gets me through. It seems to be one of the many things that the three of us have in common: no matter how bad the circumstances we can still make a joke out of it. Bombs could be falling from the sky and we would still find something funny or sarcastic to say.

Hope I'm not making you feel like you're in church, but another good one is "do unto others..." One problem with this one though is that some people are so sensitive and since I am very difficult to offend sometimes "doing unto others" can get me into trouble as I may assume that others are as difficult to offend as I am. But I'm trying. I guess if anyone thinks I'm not doing a good enough job they can suck my dick. Oops. Slipped again. No one's perfect I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger virgo beemaiden said...

I hear you and, as always, I'm here for you babe! Like all good friends I've got your back and even if we sometimes go through some strange shit at least we can go through it together.

2/06/2007 8:13 AM  
Blogger sweet adeline said...

I actually wasn't referring to anything specific with that comment...just trying to be funny. But I always appreciate your support.

2/06/2007 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home